An award winning, innovative technology business based in Sheffield. Iceotope's engineers are innovators, developing cutting edge, complex electronics addressing power reduction, water reduction and sustainability. You will be joining a team of talented engineers developing game changing, innovative technology solutions.
Job Title: Senior Electronics Engineer
Reporting to: Electronics Team Leader
Location: South Yorkshire
About the role:
The purpose of the Senior Electronics Engineer is to drive the ongoing development of electronic products at Iceotope. This includes such tasks as building / reworking / troubleshooting the electronics to support prototyping & production, and testing designs to check that they are compliant & fit for purpose. The Senior Electronics Engineer designs new electronics to meet the requirements of the customer from a reliability, functionality & testability perspective.
- Actively participate in all aspects of design including circuit design, schematic capture, PCB layout, component selection, BOM management and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Building, testing and troubleshooting prototype or production electronics
- Identify and report potential issues related to design of electronics & electronic performance using reporting tools
- Identify & document test cases for New Product Development (design validation testing)
- Carry out design validation testing on NPD’s
- Produce electronics designs to meet requirements; Schematics & layout
- Verify designs meet requirements using Calculation & Simulation
- Liaise with SW development to ensure smooth integration of HW & SW
- Support in the definition of project scope & requirements
- Produce product architectures to support cross functional development
- Ensure the correct handling of electronics is adhered to by all staff
- Liaise with cross functional teams during NPD; Mechanics, SW, Thermofluids, Quality
- Promote and maintain awareness of the correct handling of electronics
- Produce and maintain Electronics and ESD standards within Iceotope
- Set a good example junior members of the team
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant qualification in associated discipline such as Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- Highly experienced in electronics design with extensive knowledge of analogue and digital circuit design, schematic capture PCB layout, BOM management and NPI
- Knowledge of PIC Microcontrollers
- Design for EMC
- LabVIEW software experience
- Altium software experience
- Knowledge of Ansys tools, mesh creation and model exchange between Solidworks and Ansys.
- FPGA – Xilinx
- Backplane design
- Background in Power Electronics, Power Supply, Power management, DC/DC
- Understanding of developing power conversion products (rectifiers, inverters, UPS, battery chargers